I’ve been a science teacher in mainstream and special education, an Advanced Skills Teacher (AST) and a deputy head in a special school academy. I’ve got over twenty years of experience of working with children with learning difficulties, much of that as a member of the senior leadership team. When I was appointed deputy head we were in special measures and by the time I left we were a good school (and judged outstanding for leadership!). Now I work as a freelance education consultant.
I have been fortunate to meet and work with many schools, departments and teachers across the East Midlands (and sometimes further afield) doing a variety of things such as:
- Presenting at regional conferences and CPD events
- Providing training and mentoring for NQTs and trainee teachers
- Providing SEN guidance for Science leaders
- Sharing resources and strategies for teaching students with SEN through my website and the TES (I’m a TES content partner)
- Coaching science teachers
- Working to support individual teachers in under-performing departments or individual teachers experiencing difficulties
- Leading CPD across the local authority’s special schools consortium
- Providing advice/consultancy both within the LA and further afield
- Writing, reviewing and proofing for commercial publishers
I’m passionate about science education and am a member of the Association of Science Education (ASE). I’m a Chartered Science Teacher and I sit on the regional committee for the East Midlands (I’m the regional secretary) and their 11-19 advisory committee. I’d recommend ASE membership to science teachers of all phases regardless of experience or length of service.
On this site, you’ll find ideas, information, advice and photographs relating mostly to science education. I also share all of the resources I can – feel free to use these in your own lessons but do read the copyright information first.
I’m also available for bespoke consultancy work, possible workshops include
- Teaching students with SEND – strategies, approaches, maximising success
- Pupil premium students – raising the bar
- Engaging reluctant learners
Please use the contact me section to get in touch whether it be for advice or to book me in a professional capacity.
Rob Butler trading as Fiendishlyclever